Call 0451 442 968
Relax And Relieve Stress
Working in Brisbane can be stressful. Commuting to and from work, sitting at a desk all day or performing repetitive tasks can put stress on the back. At Kurilpa Chiropractic our aim is to help Brisbane workers and Brisbane corporates to maintain healthy movement of their body and spine.
It is important to take care of your back. Massage therapy is known to be an effective method of relieving stress and anxiety, easing muscle tension and aches.
During a massage treatment, varying degrees of pressure are applied to the muscles. There are a wide range of techniques that are used to release muscle tension. Some of the massage techniques that we use at Kurilpa Chiropractic include Sports massage, Deep tissue massage, Swedish massage, Remedial massage, Pregnancy massage, Hot stone massage and Trigger point therapy. We also use PNF stretching of the muscles to increase motion in the muscle and joints.
What are the Benefits of Massage?
Working in Brisbane can be stressful, especially commuting to and from work and sitting at a desk all day. Massage therapy helps to ease muscle tension, aches and stiffness.
Massage is known to be an effective method of relieving stress and anxiety.
Research suggests that there is a reduction in the production of stress hormones, (decrease in cortisol & serotonin) nervous tension, anxiety and depression.
When the body is under a lot of stress it can’t always cope with deep tissue massage. The body can be locked in a high stress state, which is called the sympathetic nervous system response. This is when a full body massage may be beneficial to relax the whole body by using a light to medium massage pressure.
Massage during pregnancy has a wide range of health benefits including
- Enhancement of lymph circulation to reduce ankle swelling and edema.
- A decrease in muscle cramps and leg pain to help with pregnancy and labor.
- Reduces muscle tension in the lower back and pelvis.
- A decrease in stress hormone levels, allowing you to relax.
Are Massage Techniques Important?
During a massage treatment, varying degrees of pressure are applied to the muscles. It takes 15-20 minutes of the treatment to warm up the muscles before applying firm pressure.
- Swedish massage techniques are a gentle type of massage, use of soft broad strokes.
- Remedial massage techniques concentrate on sore or injured muscles.
- Pregnancy massage is specific to each trimester. Later stages require side-lying massage with support of pillows.
- Hot stone massage is an ancient therapeutic form of massage. The heat from the stones is used to warm the muscles.
- Deep tissue massage is targeted at the deeper layers of the muscle. Deep tissue techniques include friction of muscle attachments and alignment of the muscle fibres.
- Trigger point therapy is a technique that involves the applying pressure to a tender spot in a muscle. The release of the tender spot helps to relieve pain in other parts of the body. i.e.; Trigger points in the tricep muscle can cause pain into the forearm and shoulder.
Massage Side Effects
After a massage you may feel muscle soreness or fatigue. Some people feel deep tissue massage pain the next day. It is important to tell your massage therapist so that less pressure is applied at your next treatment. Some people are more sensitive and require less deep tissue pressure than others.
It is not common to suffer severe pain or lower back pain after a massage. It is important to let your therapist know if you have severe pain so that we can make sure your needs are met.
It is natural for the muscles that have been worked on to release toxins. This is due to the fact that the muscle is stimulated with an increase of blood and lymphatic supply to that area. It is important to increase water intake after a massage. More information.
We look forward to caring for you, let us help You
Take Action Today!
Call 0451 442 968
We Love Questions
For more information about Kurilpa Chiropractic, be sure to check out Meet the Chiropractor, we answer more of your questions on the Chiropractic Information page. Find out about our Fees & Services and be sure to use our friendly Online Booking page.
© 2016 Kurilpa Chiropractic.
& Sports Massage